Position: Safeguarding Officer
Organisation: Central Asian Football Association (CAFA)
The Central Asian Football Association is non-governmental international organisation and one of the five Regional Associations of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). CAFA is currently headquartered in Dushanbe, Tajikistan and through its events, CAFA aims to develop and strengthen the game of football throughout the region by raising the standards and creating more opportunities for the Member Associations for further growth.
Based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan
The regional Safeguarding Officer will focus on the regional implementation of the Safeguarding initiatives, supporting Member Associations within the region to develop, operationalize and implement their safeguarding strategy. As regional Safeguarding focal point, he/she will provide technical support and guidance (using the FIFA Guardians Toolkit) to the Member Associations, as well as perform tasks such as data collection, programme monitoring and training as needed.
We are looking to strengthen our team and passionate Child Safeguarding Officer to join our dynamic team of professionals. Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
You will be responsible for following up on Child Safeguarding programmes, prepare Safeguarding strategic plan (minimum 4 years), support the Regional Association management with development of the Regional Association’s strategic plan. Furthermore, you will contribute to capacity building of Member Associations, and ensure effective delivery of child safeguarding activities.
Delivery of child safeguarding capacity building activities:
- Assist the CAFA in assessing and designing child safeguarding capacity building plans for staff and Member Associations.
- Deliver child safeguarding seminars, coaching and monitoring sessions, trainings and briefings.
- Support staff and Member Associations in the development and implementation of child safety checklists, child safeguarding policy, and other tools.
- Deliver child safety and safeguarding briefings as required.
- Academic background: Bachelor’s degree.
- Hold a degree in Child Psychology or relevant field (added advantage).
- Knowledge of current principles and practices within Child Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- Have experience and knowledge of child protection and/or social welfare and issues Understanding of child rights (programming) in conflict and post-conflict environments.
- Good understanding of the region
- At least 1 years´ experience in a similar role (e.g. has supported at least one organization to develop safeguarding systems)
- Minimum 2 years in the field of football and programme implementation
- Experience of building capacity in football and an understanding of child-focused monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Fluent English and at least one regional local language. Competent written and spoken Persian is advantage.
- Strong critical analysis and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong planning and coordination skills.
- Excellent networking skills and ability to quickly establish trust and good working relationships with many football stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills; able to give and receive feedback.
- Affinity with children and young people.
- Hold a nationality of one of the Regional Association’s members.
- Good understanding of the region.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel & etc.).
A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to upload their CV, Photo and a short cover letter, in English here: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 16 December 2022